White Halloween

Ken Anderson
It's November 1, and yesterday morning I woke up to a very white, snowy Halloween.  It had started snowing late afternoon the day before, and by morning the trees outside my office window were frosted with a layer of fluffy white snow.

Last white Halloween I remember was the first day of a two-day snow event that dumped over 30 inches of snow on the Twin Cities.

Had been out on my motorcycle last Sunday, Oct 27, a beautiful fall day that reached 55 degrees.  What a change!  And the forecast looks like more snow, and not much melting, for the next week or so.  Hope to get back out on the bike.

Last year, my latest ride was on Halloween.  Most years I get some riding days into late November, and a few years ago, took photos of the bike next to the lake at Kohler-Andrae State Park on Dec 4.  Hope we get a bit more nice weather over the next month or so!