Memorial Day Weekend 2021

Ken Anderson
Administrator
Well, most of the leaves on all but the slowest trees are out, the world is green again. We've been way behind on rainfall, but have caught up a bit lately. I bumped into Brady, my cycle mechanic, a couple weeks ago, and he asked for a clearer description of bike noise (I'd gotten booked into his shop in late June). He thought it could be the speedometer, and suggested I try disconnecting cable. Did that, put a lot of Dri-Slide down to lube it, and took it for a ride about ten days ago. Bingo! No racket. But waited a few days to re-connect, to see if the racket would still be there after the cable was generously lubed. NO! Silent. Yippee!! So have taken a few short rides, but have had just a few days warm enough to be comfortable, so have largely stayed around town. On Wed May 26, I took a t-shirt ride down to the state park, west toward Falls, back to town, and had noted it nice in the shade in Black River. Got back to riverfront around 3:30, and it was cooling a bit, as predicted. We had planned to attend a 4:30 Powder Puff game at North. I slipped on shorts, then walked outside to put some stuff in dumpster. Cooling FAST. Back inside, put on jeans and long sleeved shirt, and then wore leather jacket at game. Quite cold! Tara and Dayne both played, great fun! Pam and I then went to Panera for some hot soup and a warmup. Lunch with all three girls Friday, and Dru prompted Tara to tell us about "the soccer game." Not gonna give details here, but she scored her team's only goal on a breakaway that inivolved a collision that broke the opponent's leg, and a VERY nice note about the subsequent sportsmanship from coach and other parent! Today, still a bit too cool for comfy bike riding, stayed in, watched Helio win the 500 in a race that saw only two yellow flags and some magnificent driving, followed by an "only Helio" celebration. Win #4 for him! Maybe tomorrow it'll be warm enough to get out on the bike for a bit, and then it's supposed to continue warming up. It's about time!